The original settlers’ home was ingeniously added on to just four decades ago but retained the feel and integrity of the 1800’s. The bedroom/sitting room is magnificently large, rising to twenty foot ceilings at the peak.
A wood burning fireplace provides warmth near the king size iron bed.
Kristin’s bath has a long and colorful history. In 1885, the Sheriff of Fredericksburg was the home’s original builder and owner, John Walter. An unfortunate fire destroyed the local jail and what better place to house the lawbreakers than the Sheriff’s stone barn. Iron bars were added over the windows to prevent early checkout and they remain today. This former barn and jail has limestone walls and a triangular jetted tub for two.
Kristin’s large private terrace is anchored by an ivy covered pecan tree and a softly bubbling fountain. Relaxing and inviting for two, it is the perfect space for convivial gatherings. Have your morning coffee or relax with an evening glass of wine here for a memorable and authentic Fredericksburg experience.
- LOCATION One block off Main Street in the Historic District
- HOST No host on premises. 24 hour managers on call.
- SMOKING Outside only
- KITCHEN Coffee bar with microwave and mini fridge.
- BREAKFAST Coupon to be used at choice of local cafes.
- SLEEPS 2 persons, King sized bed.
- BATH jetted tub for two with handheld shower
- AMENITIES Central Heat/Air, Wood burning fireplace with logs and starters, iHome Bluetooth for music and alarm, flat screen TV with Time Warner cable
- WIRELESS INTERNET
$215.00 - 1 or 2 persons Friday and Saturday per night including holidays and events
$195.00 - 1 or 2 persons Sunday through Thursday excluding holidays and events
DOGS No pets allowed except in Annie’s and Maria’s Suites.